- 1 Essential Information You Need to Know:
- 2 DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
- 3 SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
- 4 DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw with 20-Inch Max Rip Capacity, Corded 120V AC
- 5 Bosch Power Tools Tablesaw 4100-10 – Worksite 10 Inch Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand – Portable Small Table – Outstanding Capacity, Capability – Ideal For Heavy Duty Cutting, Home Builders
- 6 Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife, 10-Inch
Essential Information You Need to Know:
Table saws aren’t the easiest things to understand, when you are new to the market of woodcutting equipment. So, this article is available to you to help you understand what you need and why you need it. Get the best table saw for you!
What is a Table Saw?
Table saws basically provide their purpose within the name. However, when being a little more thorough, you can see it is a machinery used to cut up bits of wood. Keep in mind though, they aren’t for light bits of work (although they can be), rather if you’re taking on a workload to build something and require clean and precise cuts of wood.
They are basically a table fitted with a heavy duty saw blade, powered up by a motor, all of which is ensured to cut through the thickest pieces of wood you will be using for your construction work. Some can even be used to cut through bits of stone and a few types of metal.
You must be wondering, if they are fitted with so much stuff, and made to cut through such heavy bits of materials, then they must be extremely hard to carry around. Wrong!
Table saws are made for durability and portability. You can be sure that you can carry it around if you require them at different work stations. Of course, these are made for construction work, so you can rest assured that they will be compact and portable whilst carrying out the job.
As for durability, since they require to work hard to cut through heavy duty materials, you can rest assured that table saws are made to withstand the pressure that such work can cause. From high quality metal for the blades to sturdy building of the table saw itself, you can rest assured for long term wear and tear!
Let’s not forget, the idea of residue! We are here to help and will not leave you hanging on this. Cutting up wood, especially to a high quantity, will definitely stir up a lot of sawdust. But not to worry, these are made to ensure you do not have to have sawdust right in your face, but it is directed away for a clean work experience.
5 Best Table Saws:
Since we have delved into the essential information you need to know about obtaining a table saw, we have listed the 5 best table saws we have researched. Read through the article and find out the best table saw for you to get your work done smoothly and efficiently.
- DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
- SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
- DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw with 20-Inch Max Rip Capacity, Corded 120V AC
- Bosch Power Tools Tablesaw 4100-10 – Worksite 10 Inch Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand – Portable Small Table – Outstanding Capacity, Capability – Ideal For Heavy Duty Cutting, Home Builders
- Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife, 10-Inch
Our first and best table saw we have on show is manufactured by DEWALT, and it provides you with the best experience you can get from a table saw! This is a high powered machine with a 15.0A high torque motor, allowing you to cut through hardwoods.
It also features a rack and pinion fence system with a rolling stand. Not only does it have a high powered motor, it also has a 32 ½ inch rip capacity, allowing it to cut through a variety of items with ease.
When bought, you will receive a 10 inch 24 tooth carbide blade, that will rip through whatever you need to be cut.
- Powerful motor and high-quality blade, allows you to cut through almost anything, extremely good for construction work and normal house work.
- Rip capacity is 32 ½ inches, making it easy for you to put in most things when cutting.
- The rolling stand along with the rack and pinion fence system makes it very easy to use and adjust.
- Despite being promised of easy use, certain customers faced trouble in setting it up and using it.
This in our opinion, is the best table saw to be used for construction work, thus making definitely capable of house work. With how, easy it is to use and the flexibility and portability, this is one you definitely should look into!
Our second product on hand is manufactured by Skil, and this a very affordable table saw coming in at only $198.35. Now of course, something so cheap in terms of a table saw might strike you in the wrong way. However, this is the best product we have in case you want to do your work at home. Something to have in the tool shed!
It will not cut apart everything, however considering the work people usually do around their house, building things here and there; the 10 inch blade that comes with it will do the trick just fine. Also comes with a carbide tooth blade and some other things you’d need with any table saw.
- Is very cheap compared to most table saws.
- Has a folding stand, and gives you great portability.
- Has great durability as it is made with great material.
- Cannot cut materials too wide, as it’s only got a 10 inch blade.
- Cannot accommodate very long materials due to short miter gauge.
Sure, it has some cons, however considering it is made for usage for around your house; this makes a fine addition to the tool shed. Build away!
Yes, another one manufactured by DEWALT. If anything, this should prove to you that they make some great table saws. This is a great saw for construction work, not to mention it also comes with a steel roll cage to avoid mishaps in the workplace.
Like the first table saw, this also consists of a rack and pinion fence system with a front and rear lock. Comes with a high powered 1850 Watt motor, allowing you to power through any material you have, with a 610 mm rip capacity.
Comes with its own 24 tooth saw blade, a mitre fence and more. Let’s look at the pros and cons for this!
- Has the power to cut through any material you could have.
- Comes with a lot of tools to ensure you can be ready to use it.
- Is easy to set up and has great portability.
- Can perform well in wet or dry conditions due to the overload protection system, and scales allow for easy adjustments.
- Has a smaller rip capacity compared to the first Dewalt table saw.
- Customers reviewed the exhaust port not transporting all the dust out of the machine.
- Some customers also faced the problem of the whole mechanism being faulty and grinding the parts amongst themselves.
While this is a great table saw, we recommend the first Dewalt machine, however, this is sure to do the job for you as well. There’s only a few bad reviews compared to the many good ones!
Bosch Power Tools Tablesaw 4100-10 – Worksite 10 Inch Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand – Portable Small Table – Outstanding Capacity, Capability – Ideal For Heavy Duty Cutting, Home Builders
Our next product is produced by Bosch, and unlike Dewalt, they do like put up their prices. This one comes in at $499.00. So what does this provide you better than the others? Even though this is a quality table saw for worksites, this requires more experience and knowledge of the machine to use compared to others.
So be sure you know how these machines work before you choose to use them and harm yourself! However, with the required experience, it does allow you to cut through heavy duty materials with ease, and precision, with it’s 3650 RPM and 4.0 HP saw; run with 15amps.
It can also have great portability by being connected to the GTA47W Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand.
- Comes in at $499.00, much cheaper than a lot of other products.
- Is a great product for cutting through heavy duty materials with ease and precision.
- Comes with a smart guard system to allow for proper portability and ease of setting up.
- Requires experience in using the machine properly.
- Is harder to set up compared to other machines.
This is a great table saw to own for any heavy duty work, however will require experience to handle. Meaning, it also requires a lot more care to maintain and ensure optimal condition. However, you will not be disappointed in its power and capacity to rip through any material!
Now for our next product, it’s a rather expensive one at $2030.00, from Grizzly. However, this is as industrial as it gets! This table saw gets higher power, and rip capacity with ease. Not to mention, a lot more depth in cutting (3 ⅛ inches at 90 degree angle and 2 3/16 inches at 45 degree angles.)
- Is the one of the best for heavy duty materials.
- Has very clean and precise cuts.
- Has a much larger table than most others.
- Is a much more complex machine to work.
- Much more expensive than others.
A great machine, and can get the job done very easily. However, knowing the ins and outs of a machine like this requires a lot of experience and understanding. Not to mention maintaining it will also be hard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the table saw portable?
This is something that will be aforementioned on the product description itself, so do be sure to check it. Most are usually portable these days themselves, while some come with stands to make them portable. For work, portable ones are always preferred!
When to sharpen your table saw chain?
This is a very important and necessary task in maintaining one of these machineries. Mostly after every time you are done using the machine, you should look to make sure it’s clean. And it will always be mentioned in the manual on how to sharpen your chain. It will always be different on different machines. You should sharpen it after oiling the machine’s parts or if it has been in dirt.
How loud are the machines?
Realistically, when you are using something with such a powerful motor and a saw blade running through materials, you expect a rather significant amount of noise. So, it is recommended that you have a dedicated space to do work like this. And if you have no place to store them outside your house, do make sure to get one that is easily portable. That way you can move them in and out depending on when you are working.
We hope our article has helped you in coming to a conclusion on which table saw to get! We definitely recommend the DEWALT table saw we showed first for heavy duty work and the Skil table saw second on the list for work around the house!
Rod Hanks is a 32 year blogger from the United States, helping readers find the best quality products and services. He holds a masters degree on Finance from University of Minnesota. When he is not working, Rod plays football, goes to the gym and plays video games Read more about him.