The key to becoming a proficient electrician, is being able to do your work efficiently. This includes being good at your job (obviously), and also having all the tools at your disposal with easy accessibility to them all the time. One could argue that a tool box would be a better item to have for these needs, as they usually provide more space for your tools. However, when you’re working a small space or up on the ceiling, carrying your tool box up with you will only hinder you! This is why you need to ensure you have the best tool belt with you!
To provide you with the best electrician tool belt, we’ve compiled a list for you, with a few key factors in mind!
- Number of compartments: One of the most important factors when buying a tool belt, is knowing how many tools you’ll have/need and ensuring your belt can handle it! While 10/12 is what you usually find, you can find tool belts with up to 30 compartments (on the list as well)!
- Sturdiness: The material used to construct a tool belt is important and we will get to it. However, no matter what it is made up of, it is vital to know how the belt is constructed. Things such as improper stitching can leave weak seams that come off after a while of using the belt.
- Material: It’s important to make sure the belt is made up of proper materials as you will need it to last for a long time. Most common materials to construct tool belts are leather and nylon. If you want longevity when using your belt, then leather is the best option for you! Nylon is however the cheaper version of leather, but still does the job very well before it is worn out. The best choice in our opinion would be a mix of the both, to save some money and get durability on it.
- Cost: Always make sure the price of the belt you want is within your budget, but also that the belt provides the perks you need. As much as you want to save money, do not lose out on the quality you deserve.
7 Best Electrician Tool Belt:
Now that we have discussed the things you need to look out for when buying an electrician tool belt, let’s have a look at the top 7 choices we have for you!
- Occidental Leather 5590 M Commercial Electrician’s Set
- Occidental Leather 8089 LG OxyLights 7 Bag Framer Set
- DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt and Yoke-style Suspenders
- Bucket Boss Mullet Buster 3 Bag Tool Bag Set with Suspenders in Grey, 55135
- Occidental Leather 9855 Adjust-to-Fit Fat Lip Tool Bag Set – Cafe
- OX Tools Four Piece Construction Rig | Outback Leather
- CLC Custom Leathercraft 6714 Heavy Duty Framers 5 Piece Comfort-lift Combo Tool Belt Apron, 31 Pocket
We have laid out a list of the best electrician’s tool belt, in our opinion, and now we shall be delving into their features and why you should consider getting them! It is essential, that you remember the key factors we have already talked about, to ensure you get the best use out of them for your particular needs.
- 1 Occidental Leather 5590 M Commercial Electrician’s Set
- 2 Occidental Leather 8089 LG OxyLights 7 Bag Framer Set
- 3 DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt and Yoke-style Suspenders
- 4 Bucket Boss Mullet Buster 3 Bag Tool Bag Set with Suspenders in Grey, 55135
- 5 Occidental Leather 9855 Adjust-to-Fit Fat Lip Tool Bag Set – Cafe
- 6 OX Tools Four Piece Construction Rig | Outback Leather
- 7 CLC Custom Leathercraft 6714 Heavy Duty Framers 5 Piece Comfort-lift Combo Tool Belt Apron, 31 Pocket
Our first and our best electrician tool on show (in our opinion), is one manufactured by Occidental Leather. One of the biggest and best factors that make this a great buy, is that it is made by heavy duty leather that gives it great durability and quality. It also has tool compartments that works in order to specific hands to give a good rhythm when working.
To make it better for holding your tools, it has two different slots fit for holding multiple tools and makes it easier to carry the necessary amount of tools.
- Very durable as it is made with great quality leather.
- Has hand specific tools, making it more efficient to use.
- Has two big compartments that can hold multiple tools.
- No tool spill system to prevent accidents.
This is the best electrician tool belt we have researched, and would serve you very well in your work! So, do go ahead and give it a look!
Another electrician tool belt on show from Occidental leather, but however, this one is not made of leather! This belt also brings about a lot of the same features like the previous belt, except for the fact that it is made of nylon. What are they?
This also comes with hand specified tools that make it more efficient for you to do your work, however the model does not come for left handed people. The tool holders on the belt are made of leather and there are two padded compartments to store your tools.
- Has hand-specified tools that make it more convenient to use.
- Comes in various sizes, from small to XXX-large to ensure you get the required amount of space for your tools.
- Is extremely durable, as customers reviewed to have used this model for upto 11 years!
Now, we provide all the information we can on every product shown, however, the two Occidental leather products we have shown thus far have had an astounding amount of positive reviews to negative.
Our next product is manufactured by DeWalt, and if you have been on our site before, you’ll have noticed they were a popular brand for table-saws as well! This shows their credibility in making good items/tools for manual labor! However, let’s look into the specifics for why this electrician tool belt is in our list.
It comes in two different versions, one with pockets on suspenders and one without. This allows for you to carry your cellphone with you when you’re at work. Not to mention, the belt itself is padded to ensure you are comfortable and do not feel any pressure during intense situations.
- Is made of leather to provide great durability and longevity.
- Has a cell phone holder, in case you need it in intense situations.
- Belt is padded to make it more comfortable.
- Has a patented pouch handle, making it easier to make adjustments to the belt.
- Has 9 main pockets to hold all of your items.
- A few customers have reviewed that the joints on the belt are made of plastic, making a few of the models flimsy.
Despite the joints being made of plastic, numerous people have used the belt and have been left satisfied with how durable the belt is. Definitely one we could recommend you get!
Our next tool belt is manufactured by Bucket Boss, and unlike the rest, they’ve made their belt out heavy duty poly fabric. Maybe this gives you the idea that they don’t have much durability, however, people have reviewed using this for a year and being completely satisfied with it.
This belt is unique also in the fact that it comes with suspenders to make it easier and less of a load on you. Not to mention, the belt can be adjusted till 52 inches, making it good for everyone to use! Like the last DeWalt tool belt, this also has a cell phone holder.
- Made out of heavy duty poly fabric, and is very durable.
- Comes with padded suspenders and pouches, all of which can be adjusted or removed to your needs.
- Has an infinity belt, going up to 52 inch waists.
- Suspenders allow for a lower load on the person using it and better movement.
- Some people have complained that the velcro holding the pouches and the suspenders aren’t up to par.
Despite some people having problems with a couple of the mechanisms, the majority have made sure to let us know, that the tool belt lives up to the expectation and is great for carrying your items. Not to mention, it comes in varying pack sizes to ensure you don’t buy one too small or large.
Here we have another tool belt manufactured by Occidental Leather, going to show their credibility for these products! One of the unique features of this tool belt that we haven’t seen in the others yet is that they can be used by both right and left handed people!
As we’ve discussed before, this is a belt made of both nylon and leather, giving it good durability, but not excessive for cost. It has multiple tool holders and a specified slot for holding your hammer. You can also use suspenders with this belt, and it might help you as these are bit heavy.
- Has great durability, due to the good leather and nylon construction. Even customers have stated using this belt for ages!
- Can be used by both left and right handed people.
- Has a suspender system installed in it.
- Has 24 pockets and tool holders.
- Customers have said that the belt is pretty heavy.
- Bags are fixed and cannot be adjusted.
Even though there are a couple of cons, they can be easily worked around. For the heavy weight, you can use a pair of suspenders to alleviate the pressure from your body. And as for the non adjustable bags, well you just need to get used to them to enjoy using the belt to it’s fullest extent! The positive reviews should give you relief in terms of its usability!
Our next product is manufactured by OX tools, and this belt is a work of art in how it looks! It has heavy duty rivet reinforcement to make it durable and sturdy along with giving it a rustic feel. The belt itself is made from leather, ensuring great durability!
The belt also comes with the capability to hold 22 tools, and set in a way to give you great freedom to use your tools. The belt is also double layered to reinforce it further from any tears.
- Is a very durable belt due to the heavy-duty construction.
- Can hold up to 22 tools, and give you a great rhythm in using them.
- The belt is made of leather and is double layered to ensure great durability.
- Some customers complained of the rivets getting in the way of using it completely freely.
Despite the rivets causing a minor issue, you can pull them out if necessary. However, they do secure the belt and make it all the more safer! But to each their choice!
CLC Custom Leathercraft 6714 Heavy Duty Framers 5 Piece Comfort-lift Combo Tool Belt Apron, 31 Pocket
Manufactured by Custom Leathercraft, this tool belt comes with a great set of perks! The last one on our list, and it still lives up to the standards for a belt much cheaper than the rest. Cheaper means it’s worse doesn’t it? Not particularly! This belt is still made with leather and provides good durability.
Alongside the obvious requirements, it also comes with either 20 or 31 pockets, and you can get one that fits your needs. It also has padded suspenders to make it more comfortable and reduce the load off of you! You can carry heavy tools on this belt, with the help of the increased capacity of the pockets. It’s also made so that the tools in your belt will not fall off, keeping you and the tools safe!
- Has two different versions with 31 and 20 pockets, allowing you to get the right one for you.
- Pockets are increased in size to allow you to carry more tools and bigger tools.
- Has suspenders which are padded, to make it easier to move and more comfortable.
- Is spill proof to ensure your tools don’t fall out.
- Customers have complained that it is hard to get the belt to fit on.
Despite being a bit tough to put on, the belt works wonders when it is on! You can carry a lot of tools and be sure they will not fall out. Not to mention the pressure is alleviated thanks to the padded suspenders.
Frequently Asked Questions
What waist size does it go up to?
A lot of people have this query and it’s a good one. You should always be careful that your belt matches your waist size and can also go up or below a few notches. However, most belts usually mention the sizes now beforehand, since they’re a key factor in getting one.
Are the pouches/suspenders removable/adjustable?
This is a great question, and one you need to know. This is because having adjustable suspenders/pouches gives you more freedom to work in your own way. Especially, if they are removable, then you get the freedom of working with/without one or both if you need to.
Does the belt come with the ability to have suspenders?
Some belts do not come with suspenders, but if you need them; you can separately purchase some and put them on to the belt. However, you can only do this if the belt has the mechanism allowing it to do so. So, if you know you might need suspenders, be sure to know if the belt has the mechanism.
We hope you have managed to come to a decision on which tool belt you’d like! We also hope we helped you come to that decision. From our point of view the Occidental Leather 5590 M Commercial Electrician’s Set, seems to be the best electrician tool belt for you! With the great perks it offers along with the longevity, we think its the best buy!
Rod Hanks is a 32 year blogger from the United States, helping readers find the best quality products and services. He holds a masters degree on Finance from University of Minnesota. When he is not working, Rod plays football, goes to the gym and plays video games Read more about him.