Reflex sights are an essential accessory for your guns these days. They’re an additional lense you place on the sights of your guns that allow you to scope into farther distances for better vision.
So, no matter what situation you’re using a gun in, knowing that you have a reflex sight can reassure you of being able to make a clean and precise shot. Hence, we are going to try and find you the best reflex sight!
Things you Need to Know:
Reflex sights have a lot of features about them, that set them apart from each other. Some can be used on multiple types of guns such as; ARs (assault rifles), glocks (pistols), etc. Whereas others can be used for a specific type of gun. You would be better off buying a multi-gun sight for your convenience.
Sights are battery operated, and serve multiple functions with them. Such as being able to adjust brightness. Or, providing you with the best contrast with the two different coloured reticles (red and green).
Reflex sights, with a red dot sight, follow a mechanism called MOA. If a sight has a 4 MOA, it will cover 2 inches at 50 yards, 4 inches at 100 yards and so on. Be sure to account for this when selecting your reflex sight.
Things you should keep in mind:
There are a few things you need to know before you pick out the best reflex sight for you! There are various features that make a reflex sight, what they are and without being intelligible about them, it would not be wise getting one. Look below to find out what is required in the reflex sight you want!
- Reticle: There are different types of reticles and they usually come with different advantages. Some have more patterns while others have less. Some allow for better eye comfort while others lack that capability. So, be sure to look for your own comfort and visibility issues before getting one.
- Battery life: All sights usually come with a battery, but they have multi-purposes and you need to be sure that yours can run on for a long time.
- Adjustments: Be sure your sight comes with the ability to be adjusted. Features such as windage and elevation need to be adjusted for your optimal position. Some require tools while others have an in-built ability.
- Durability: You do not want a sight that can only sustain itself for a few rounds. So make sure to get one that can live up to it’s features and carry on for a long time.
5 Best reflex sights:
Now that we have gone through the required information about reflex sights, we have compiled a list for you. After meticulous research, we have found 5 different sights with different features to help you find the best one for you and your gun!
- Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight with 4 Reticles
- Burris Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount
- TRUGLO TruBrite Multi-Reticle Dual-Color Open Dot Sight
- Feyachi Reflex Sight – Adjustable Reticle (4 Styles) Both Red and Green in one Sight
- Feyachi Reflex Sight – Red & Green Dot Gun Sight Scope (4 Reticles) with 45 Degree Rail Mount – Upgraded On/Off Switch
- 1 Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight with 4 Reticles
- 2 Burris Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount
- 3 TRUGLO TruBrite Multi-Reticle Dual-Color Open Dot Sight
- 4 Feyachi Reflex Sight – Adjustable Reticle (4 Styles) Both Red and Green in one Sight
- 5 Feyachi Reflex Sight – Red & Green Dot Gun Sight Scope (4 Reticles) with 45 Degree Rail Mount – Upgraded On/Off Switch
The first and in our opinion the best reflex sight we have to show you is manufactured by Field Sport. For only $31.43, you get a sight that is very well renowned and has some admirable features that make it way worth your money. Now, there’s very few features that we can go over for a reflex sight, but we shall talk about them as best we can for your benefit about every product; starting with this one.
Now, this is a small and lightweight sight, that is water resistant with shockproof features. Includes 4 different patterns for the reticle. Unlike a lot of sights, it comes with a in-built picatinny mount base.
- Very good and reliable sight for shooting mobile targets.
- Is very cheap.
- Is water resistant and has shockproof features making it suitable for usage in any climate.
- Your eyes can be relaxed due to corrected parallax and 4 types of patterns for your reticle.
- The Allen head screw allows you to account for windage and also has click adjustments for different elevations.
- The picatinny base which is built-in allow for you to mount and dismount it with ease.
- Sometimes the sight loses adjustment with a few snugs at the locking screw, but can be fixed by trial and error, causing inconvenience.
- Some customers reviewed that the sight would turn off automatically after a few trips to the shooting range.
For how cheap this sight is, and how often the problems seem to occur in mass production, this is one sight that we can definitely recommend to you. Minor flaws may occur every now and then, however the perks it offers with such a cheap price tag, you know this is the best reflex sight we will tell you about!
Our second sight on the list is manufactured by Burris, and also comes with a picatinny mount base like the first one. This can be made in the US, or imported from anywhere else. Production is off the highest quality and you can rest assure the finest materials are put into making you a reliable sight. Not to mention, they undergo rigorous testing to ensure proper function. Along with the picatinny mount base, it also includes windage and elevation adjustments. However, they can be done without additional tools, making it easier to use them.
- Undergoes rigorous testing to ensure proper function.
- Is waterproof, allowing it to be used in different climates, such as in rain.
- Does not require tools for adjustments in windage and elevation.
- Battery access is easy (on the top of the sight), and includes a warning indicator for when the battery level is low.
- Includes buttons to make it easier to switch between brightness levels.
- Has the picatinny mount built-in for easy placements.
- Costs a lot more ($249.00), compared to the first sight we have mentioned.
- Has only 3 MOA dot reticle compared to different variants with 8.
- Is hard for anyone with astigmatism (irregular curvature of the cornea or abnormalities in the lens of the eye), to use as stated by a customer.
Despite the high price tag on the item, this seems to prove itself to be worthy of it. A very aesthetically pleasing sight, and can be worth your investment!
Our third reflex sight we have, is manufactured by Truglo. A very compact and simple sight that has a small price tag of $66.28, much cheaper than our second sight that we showcased. The sight also comes with only two choices of reticle colour (red and green). It includes an anti-reflection coating on the target side and is parallax free from a distance of 30 yards. Also as opposed to the picatinny mount, this reflex sight has the weaver-style mounting system.
- The two choices of reticle colour allow you to contrast in between any target and their backgrounds.
- Is compact and very durable.
- The sight has a wide field of view and provides a relaxing view for your eyes.
- Does contain a mounting system, known as the weaver-style.
- Costs a lot less than our second sight, but does not provide much extra.
- Some customers have stated after being mounted on and off from the gun a few times, the aluminium body of the sight starts to get stripped and gets impossible to keep mounted on the rail.
Considering how cheap this is, you could definitely look to get this sight. It has its own perks but might pale in comparison to the sight from Field Sport that we have already seen.
For our fourth product, we have one manufactured by Feyachi, coming in at only $17.98. Unlike the third sight, this one has 4 different styles for it’s reticles. It is made to be durable and has a 33m lens with a wide field of view.
- Costs much less than any of the other sights.
- Has 4 different styles for its reticle ( Dot, circle/dot, crosshair/dot and crosshair/circle/dot combinations).
- The 33m lens can allow you to focus on targets faster and the wide view allows for better awareness of your surroundings.
- Is parallax corrected and made to be relaxing to the eyes.
- Is ultralight, waterproof and shockproof allowing your sight to survive in various conditions.
- Some customers reviewed it to be an all around flimsy sight, that did not survive after a few shots being fired.
- Some have complained that it is very inconvenient in turning on and off. You need to turn the dial in between the numbers to turn it on and keep it in between R and G (red and green) to turn it off.
Though it lacks some features for convenience, this is all round bargain for a sight. Costs less than all the others and provides a lot of the necessary features. You can account a few faulty items to be made by all companies. Otherwise, this is a very reliable sight.
Feyachi Reflex Sight – Red & Green Dot Gun Sight Scope (4 Reticles) with 45 Degree Rail Mount – Upgraded On/Off Switch
The fifth one we have on our list is also manufactured by Feyachi, and comes in at $33.99. This too has a red and green coloured reticle with 4 different types, with buttons to help switch in between. Unlike the last Feyachi (fourth) sight, this one has a 40mm lens and an even larger view. This can come with a built-in mount for either picatinny or weaver, and is meant to last for ages! Also includes corrected parallax and mechanisms for eye relaxation.
- Made of aluminium alloy, making it long lasting and lightweight at the same time.
- Has a red and green coloured reticle to differentiate between target and background along with 4 different patterns for the reticle.
- Wide 40mm lens for easy and precise target acquisition, along with a wider view.
- Can be fit with your preferred mount of either picatinny or weaver, and comes with a 45 degree rail mount allowing an extra position for the rail.
- Height, brightness and windage can be adjusted giving you more flexibility.
- Some customers have reported their sight not having lasted even 150 rounds, before falling apart.
As we have said, certain bad products make their way through the companies and can give you a bad time. However, overall this seems like a very reasonably priced product that has served well for many people and we would recommend this to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this sight fit an AR/pistol/glock/etc?
Usually the sights will have it mentioned whether or not they are reliable on certain guns or not. Sometimes, sights meant for ARs can work on nerf guns too! Always be sure to confer with the company to be sure.
Does the sight come with batteries?
Usually, sights do come with their own batteries, but if they last long enough you will need to change them. Be cautious as different sights require different batteries.
Is the brightness adjustable?
Usually sights these days do have adjustable brightness. And we would recommend you get yourself those, because you can definitely get cheap reliable sights with adjustable brightness. Why deny yourself an advantage so easy to come by?
We hope you have seen all the different reflex sights and have come to the decision on the best reflex sight for you! In our opinion, we recommend you get the first Field Sport Red and Green Reflex Sight with 4 Reticles, as it offers a variety of perks within a very reasonable price and can help you last long. Worth your while!
Rod Hanks is a 32 year blogger from the United States, helping readers find the best quality products and services. He holds a masters degree on Finance from University of Minnesota. When he is not working, Rod plays football, goes to the gym and plays video games Read more about him.