With the amount of tools at our disposal in this new age, people often look to do more and more work by themselves. So, with an increasing number of people getting into DIY work, a staple gun is undoubtedly one of the most important tools for you. We will get into the good staple gun brands and which you should get soon, but let’s first look into what staple guns usually help you with.
You can buy a staple gun set, or just the mechanism itself. Both come with their own perks. However, a staple gun itself is meant to be a more powerful version of the basic stapler. They don’t only go through paper, or isn’t just a staple gun for cardboard boxes; but they can staple through wood, plastic and bricks.
Staple guns can power through a lot of materials as we have stated, depending on the make and model of your gun. They can be used for house wraps, material wiring, upholstery and an assortment of materials among other tasks.
8 Best Staple Guns:
Now that we have established what staple guns are, let’s delve into the list we have prepared to find you the best one for you! You will find some staple gun sets, and some that are just the staple gun and the staples. So, let’s get into it!
- Stanley TR110 Heavy Duty Steel Staple Gun 84 Staple Capacity, Squeeze Trigger and T50#504 Box of Staples
- Stanley TR45K Light Duty Staple Gun Kit
- BOSTITCH T6-8 Heavy Duty Powercrown Tacker
- Staple Gun with Remover – 3 in 1 Heavy Duty Staple Nail Steel Gun Kit with 1000 Staples, Upholstery Stapler for Fixing Material, Decoration, Carpentry, Furniture, Doors and Windows
- DEWALT DWHTTR350 Dewalt Heavy-Duty Aluminum Stapler/Brad Nailer
- Stanley TR150HL SharpShooter Heavy Duty Staple Gun
- Arrow Fastener T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun
- Stanley TR250 SharpShooter Plus Heavy-Duty Staple/Brad Nail Gun
- 1 Stanley TR110 Heavy Duty Steel Staple Gun 84 Staple Capacity, Squeeze Trigger and T50#504 Box of Staples
- 2 Stanley TR45K Light Duty Staple Gun Kit
- 3 BOSTITCH T6-8 Heavy Duty Powercrown Tacker
- 4 Staple Gun with Remover – 3 in 1 Heavy Duty Staple Nail Steel Gun Kit with 1000 Staples, Upholstery Stapler for Fixing Material, Decoration, Carpentry, Furniture, Doors and Windows
- 5 DEWALT DWHTTR350 Dewalt Heavy-Duty Aluminum Stapler/Brad Nailer
- 6 Stanley TR150HL SharpShooter Heavy Duty Staple Gun
- 7 Arrow Fastener T50 Heavy Duty Staple Gun
- 8 Stanley TR250 SharpShooter Plus Heavy-Duty Staple/Brad Nail Gun
- 9 Does the staple gun come with staples?
- 10 What different staple gun accessories are there?
- 11 How to fix a staple gun spring?
Stanley TR110 Heavy Duty Steel Staple Gun 84 Staple Capacity, Squeeze Trigger and T50#504 Box of Staples
Our first product on show is manufactured by Stanley. As you will come to see, this list will include more products from them. This is one of the few products, which will have the price mentioned and this one comes in at $29.44. You will come to notice, among the mentioned prices; this is one of the higher ones.
However, this staple gun comes in at that price for a reason. It’s the best we have on our list and we will show you why. It includes a lock on the handle that will allow you to store it safely. Not to mention, it is a heavy-duty make.
- Is easy for anyone to use at home or the office.
- Is of a heavy-duty make.
- Has a lock on the handle to ensure safe storage.
- Uses Stanley TRA700 or arrow T-50 staples.
- Has a mechanism to help clear the machine quickly.
- Is a bit more expensive than some other staple guns.
This is the best staple gun we have on show, in our opinion. So, if you want to get one that is reliable, durable and easy to use, then be sure to have our recommendation on this one! And if you ever require more information on the item, do check out the website and the reviews left by other customers!
As we have mentioned, you will be seeing more products from Stanley, and here is our second one. This is an alternate version to the TR110, and does not include the price on the product listing. However, the plus point on this compared to the TR110 is that it comes with a kit.
This is a great stapler gun that is very useful and convenient for household or office work. Also includes a lock on the handle for easy storage. And unlike the first one, this is very lightweight. This would be helpful for maneuvering during work. You will be able to see how this includes most of the features and perks as the first staple gun.
- Comes with a kit.
- Is lightweight and has a lock on the handle for safe and easy storage.
- Has a lifetime limited warranty.
- Has a mechanism to help clear the machine.
- Has chrome plated steel.
- Does not include the price on the listing.
As for the item itself, most people have left reviews regarding the item as impressive and useful. Not to mention, easy to use. So, if you’re looking for a staple gun with a kit; this is high on our list of recommendations.
For our third product, we have a different manufacturer called Bostitch, and this will feel like a much more durable product for you. Yes, it is only a staple gun, but the construction of these products are very important. You need to make sure they can retain the integrity of the item while carrying out the work.
What makes this product different? It has a patented mechanism called easy squeeze. With the ability of this mechanism and the lightweight design on the gun, you can be sure of its quality. It also has a rubber grip on the steel handle to ensure it’s easy to use.
- Costs $22.99 and cheaper than others with great quality.
- Has the easy squeeze patented mechanism.
- Is lightweight.
- Has a rubber grip for comfort.
- Has a steel handle.
- The steel plated magazine is plated with nickel chrome. That along with the core provides a smooth surface for the staples.
- Certain reviews have stated this gun isn’t much better than the others.
Despite a couple of reviews stating this product wasn’t as “special” as mentioned, others gave ample reviews to state the opposite. It’s been mentioned to be easy to use, and great at doing its job with minimal effort. Highly recommended!
Staple Gun with Remover – 3 in 1 Heavy Duty Staple Nail Steel Gun Kit with 1000 Staples, Upholstery Stapler for Fixing Material, Decoration, Carpentry, Furniture, Doors and Windows
Our next product is manufactured by Aeccn, and it comes in much cheaper than the rest at $19.97. And for that price, you will be able to get a lot! You get a kit, and it is a 3 in 1 kit. Let’s not forget to mention, that this staple gun comes with a remover, and will include 1000 staples of 3 different types.
This is also a very easy to use gun, along with the fact that it is durable. So you can be sure it’s easy to maneuver when using and you can minimize the amount of labor when using the mechanism.
- Is a multipurpose 3-1 staple gun kit.
- Uses 3 types of staples, and comes with a large number of each of those staples.
- Is cheaper than other staple guns, at $19.97.
- Has a 100% lifetime guarantee.
- Does not come with a remover, like the last gun.
With how many uses this staple gun has, we highly recommend it! You can rest assure you’ll be able to solve any problem you have with the 3 different types of staples provided. Not to mention, when you have to restock on them; you will not be limited to one certain type of staples.
Our next product is manufactured by DeWalt, and if you’ve seen our previous articles, you will know that DeWalt is renowned for making great woodworking products. Be it power tools, or small hand held tools to power through wood or plastic; DeWalt has what you need.
A small inconvenience with them is that they do not post their prices on the listing. However, this staple gun is a heavy-duty product. Not to mention made of aluminium. This makes it durable along with lightweight. So you will be sure to be able to maneuver the gun while using it.
- Is a heavy-duty staple gun, making it durable.
- Is lightweight.
- Made by a product renowned for producing tools.
- Does not include price on the listing.
- Company does not include much on the product on the listing.
There is a mix of reviews on the product, however the negative reviews are very rare instances of the products malfunctioning a bit. Most people have mentioned their product being great and easy to use. Not to mention, they are durable and last for a long time,
Yes, another variant of the Stanley model staple guns. And rest assured, this one is also as reliable as the others. However, this one comes in at $18.18, and is advertised to be a heavy duty staple gun. This gun has a unique mode of having two different power settings for hard and soft materials.
The gun is made up of aluminium used for airplanes, ensuring it will last for a long time with great durability. Also comes with a mechanism to help avoid jams in the machine. Not to mention, there’s a limited lifetime warranty on it as well.
- Is cheaper than most staple guns at $18.18.
- Has two modes to help go through hard and soft materials.
- Is housed with aluminium used in aircrafts to ensure great durability and heavy duty build.
- Uses arrow T-50 and sharpshooter TRA700 heavy duty staples.
- Some customers have reviewed their product to be unable to perform the task properly and the staples would bend when using.
Despite the con being a rather big one, this is a rare occurrence and you can rest assured that they do not occur a lot. As for the positive reviews, there are a lot, and ensure this is one of the best products with great durability and quality.
Our next product is manufactured by Arrow Fastener, which is another heavy duty staple gun. You can also rely on the durability and construction of this staple gun, as it is constructed entirely of steel. This also includes a mechanism to enforce minimal jamming within the gun.
Like the other staple guns, this also uses T50 staples. The refill window it contains, includes a visual feature, allowing you to have a look at it’s inner workings. Basically, you have a viewing window.
- Is a heavy duty staple gun, ensuring long lasting durability, and good quality.
- Includes a patented mechanism to minimize jamming in the staple gun.
- Uses T50 staples, ranging in 6 sizes ( ¼ inch to 9/16 inch).
- Has a viewing window, to ensure you have full knowledge of the inner workings of your staple gun.
- Does not have the price on the listing.
- Certain customers have reviewed their product to be faulty and break within a while.
Despite the few instances in which the products appeared to be faulty, many have mentioned how effective their product was. So, you can be sure that this is a good quality product, and we do recommend it.
For our last product, we will finish off how we started; with a Stanley product! You must now be sure, that this is one of the most reliable staple gun brands. So, what puts this on the list? Unfortunately it does not list the price, so we can not delve into that.
However, it is made up of aluminium, making it lightweight but with great durability! Not only does this work as a staple gun; but also as a brad nailer, cable tacker and wire tacker! Has a flush-nose design that allows you to use the gun in tight spaces and awkward places. It also includes the two modes to allow it to use it against the hard and soft materials.
- Is made of aluminium used in airplanes, making it durable and with a heavy duty construction.
- Comes as a staple gun along with brad nailer, cable and wire tacker.
- Has two modes to allow penetration through hard and soft materials.
- Has a design called flush-nose to allow it to be used in tight spaces and awkward places.
- Has a limited lifetime warranty.
- Does not have the price on the listing.
As like the other Stanley products, this staple gun is very reliable and durable. So, if you are looking into this product, rest assured that you will not be disappointed. Highly recommended!
An In-Depth Buyers Guide for Staple Guns!
We have established what staple guns are, but for your comfort, let’s go through it again. Staplers are normally used to help you stick a few pages of papers with pins or staples. However, a staple gun uses much more force and allows you to pin things together, such as wood, plastic and bricks. This comes in handy very much when you have little work in and around the house.
Now that we have been refreshed on what a staple gun is, let’s look into what the important factors when you’re thinking of acquiring one!
- Durability: This is an essential need. Since it is technically a power tool, and requires punching pins through considerably hard surfaces; you need to ensure your product has great durability. Spending money on something that should be doing such work requires the item to have the build to sustain itself. There is a huge difference on the make of these guns, from steel to aluminium to plastic. So when you’re looking to get these, it’s safe to say plastic is probably something you want to steer away from. Whether it’s made of steel or aluminium will give you an idea of its weight and build. So, be sure to know what to get!
- Ergonomic: Different staple guns are made with in-depth features that vary, and make them easier or harder to handle. Some come with rubber grips, whereas others do not. Some come with features that allow them to be used comfortably even in tight spaces and awkward places. And using these tools means you will be in uncomfortable spots making you feel cramped or sweaty. So, you need to ensure that your staple gun can help you deter from these consequences.
- Staple Sizes: Just as staple guns come in all shapes and sizes, so do the staples! If you want an example on how different these can be, take a look at the staple guns we have discussed. When buying the perfect staple gun for yourself, make sure you get the perfect size staples or else you will render the gun useless!
- Easy Use: When getting a staple gun, make sure it’s easy for you to use. This comes as a primary concern when acquiring one. This includes the inclusion of hand grips and whether or not the gun itself is heavy duty or lightweight. If a gun is too lightweight, it might be unable to complete tasks that require a bit of extra force. However, if a gun is too heavy duty, your arm might get sore if the task at hand takes a little too long. So, ensure you know what exactly you need when you are in the process of getting one!
- Budget: Staple guns are not the most expensive tools you would require acquiring, so if you need one, you can ensure getting a great one within $20. Maybe it would cost you a little extra on the delivery based on where you are. However, if you want to acquire a cheaper one, make sure you go through the reviews properly to know what other people have said about the product. Also, it is vital to know that in case of any flaws, the company you’re buying from can reimburse you properly for it.
Types of Staple Guns:
Now, we have gone through the list of staple guns, but you ought to know that there different types of these guns. There are three types:
- Manual Staple Gun: These are the hardest guns to use, because of all the effort and force it takes to use them. However, this allows for you to use it anywhere without any constraints of movement. This does however, put a strain on your hands because of the extra force needed for every staple.
- Electric (battery or cord) Staple Gun: How this type of staple gun works is pretty self explanatory. Some come with cords while others with batteries. So, as long as you can manage to hold the stapler, you can ensure great power with little effort due to the machinery doing the work!
- Pneumatic (compressed air) Staple Gun: Now this type of staple gun uses the air trapped in the mechanism to unleash a force that helps stick the pin on to the surface you want! However, you will not be able to get as much power as an electric one, whereas it will be much more powerful than the manual staple gun.
We now know the names of these different types of staple guns. So, what really is the best? And which should you go for? Manual staple guns are obviously the cheapest ones to get, and we have looked through them in the article! Since you are going to be applying the force with your own strength, it will require more effort. However, you must ensure that they have rubber grips or other forms of protection.
As for the electric and pneumatic staple guns, they require less force and can be used for harder surfaces. You will also get the work done faster since the machines technically operate themselves with you aiming the gun.
Advantages Of A Manual Staple Gun:
With the ease at which we can get others to do our wood work or such, sometimes it’s best to have a tool like the staple gun to come in handy for some work here or there. It saves money and let’s you get into some of such work. So, what are the advantages of getting a manual staple gun?
- Safe and Lightweight: With how simple the mechanism of a manual staple gun is, you can be sure that they are very light and will allow you to use them for an extended period of time without tiring yourself out. Not to mention, it does not come with a trigger that can be accidentally tapped and causing unnecessary damage and injuries.
- Cheaper than other staple guns: Again, accounting to the fact that this is a much simpler mechanism; these staple guns are much more cost efficient compared the electric or pneumatic staple guns.
- Easy to complete work around the house and office: For work that usually comes up in the house or the office, this staple gun suffices to satiate your needs for those jobs. You will easily be able to generate enough force to penetrate cardboard to large amounts of documents.
The Workings Of A Staple Gun:
What a staple gun does and how it does it, might give you an indication as to how it gets the job done. However, let’s not beat around the bush and break it down for you nonetheless. A staple gun is meant to insert staples into a surface, allowing you to stick something there. This is done with a spring mechanism in the device that releases the pin or staple into the surface with an explosive force! The mechanism is spring-loaded and starts working when you pull the trigger on the gun.
When you are out at a store buying any product, make sure to test it out; or at least a model of it, to ensure it is a well working device without any malfunctions. And, if you are online shopping for one; ensure that you read the descriptions and customer reviews to have the best knowledge of the specific product!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the staple gun come with staples?
Most guns are equipped to come with staples these days, however on the rare occasion, one gun might not oblige with that perk. So, always ensure you checked for that.
What different staple gun accessories are there?
Staple guns really do not come with many accessories, however, you need to ensure you get the necessities. These include the staples, and any other features mentioned for the specific staple gun (such as: staple remover).
How to fix a staple gun spring?
Staple guns are intricate machineries, so you need to ensure they are in tip top shape before using them. Sometimes, the springs do come off or get displaced. So, try to take it apart and push it in or pull it out, depending on what happens to it. If it’s a bit more intricate, take a look at the internet and you will find numerous ways to deal with it!
We hope the buyers guide provided to you, will be good enough to ensure you can get the best staple gun for you! Make sure you undertake all of the necessary precautions, and all of the important factors into consideration, before you finalize your decision. We hope your stapling needs are met to satisfaction!
However, what’s our top choice? The first three staple guns we have mentioned are the best we have found in our opinion, and you can not go wrong with them! They are the Stanley TR110 Heavy Duty Steel Staple Gun 84 Staple Capacity, Squeeze Trigger and T50#504 Box of Staples, Stanley TR45K Light Duty Staple Gun Kit and BOSTITCH T6-8 Heavy Duty Powercrown Tacker. We hope whichever you choose work to your needs, as all of these guns have our complete faith!
Rod Hanks is a 32 year blogger from the United States, helping readers find the best quality products and services. He holds a masters degree on Finance from University of Minnesota. When he is not working, Rod plays football, goes to the gym and plays video games Read more about him.